“The challenge of good design and decoration Spa is to create the atmosphere where the client breathes peace and tranquility and in which welfare is achieved through a full, unique and harmonious feeling”
A Spa can create feelings of harmony, peace, relaxation and balance, and exclusivity, simplicity and luxury, and this is achieved through the design and decoration. How Come? Based on the principle that the customer what they want is a place to relax and beautify, but while carrying it through the senses to relax. So the design must combine with functional sensory.
You should consider lighting and their respective sets of light, shapes, textures, colors, natural or created sounds and smells enhance the five human senses and a Spa, a place that by definition evokes filled environments sensations, pleasant most of them; ie the design in a Spa evokes at all times his philosophy, concept and service. But also, the design alludes to give value to the product Spa, especially in these times where the increase in such places has soared since the client to have so many different offers seeks those who will represent and communicate something. No less important is to understand the design in terms of differentiation tool in order to provide customers a unique product in the market.
Because of these reasons, the Spa should consider their patterns of design and decoration before opening or if you are thinking about remodeling, depending on the type of service offered and with due expert advice on design Spa, because the characteristics of a place of this nature differ by far from home or a department store.
Key aspects to care and must pervade the whole philosophy of the Spa are the environment and design, along with the letter of treatments and careful customer.
To achieve a perfect balance of mind and spirit space is important to carefully design. The materials used must be the closest to the earth, stone, wood, glass; it is also important guidance, light, and environment, preferably in natural areas, in the countryside, the sea or gardens designed for this purpose.
As the Spa has two main areas: the area moist (not less than 35% of total space) and the dry cabinet or area with the rest of complementary facilities (about 50%) should take care of the following:
- Space: In general, the day spa nyc is closed spaces, with simple to harmonize with objects, colors and textures architectural lines. The space should communicate calm and quiet, so that all elements converge in it should be in order and harmony, from the colors, furniture, ornaments, fragrances, textiles, finishes, since all together reflects a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
For large Spas (Destination and Resort) seeks to design cabinets are themed according to treatments, for example, ethnic or oriental style environments.
- Stillness: A calm environment conducive states of relaxation and serenity, hence the Spa this is believed by music and light. The use of neutral colors also enhances the sense of isolation and stillness.
- Color: The use of chromotherapy in Spa allows to create certain environments that positively influence the mood of the customer. Thus, the blue is recommended for areas of water, as it carries feeling of relaxation; light green is another option, as it conveys balance. Yellow and orange are often used for reception areas or clothing as convey joy and optimism.
- Lighting: Undoubtedly, the effect light has on the client falls for it to reach states of deep relaxation and enjoy your treatment. For example, we recommend using adjustable lighting intensity, providing a safe environment. You can also use the dim lighting of candles; its flashing invites relaxation and a good way to create an intimate atmosphere.
- Temperature: The temperature felt that deprives within the Spa should be nice enough to make the customer feel at ease, for this you can get the temperature is stable across multiple systems to condition the environment. Care must be taken that airflow in a clean and pure, avoiding annoying drafts.
In Spas Destination or Resort, you often take advantage of the natural climate, so the service treatment abroad is normal in these cases only recommended care for the orientation of the sun and wind protection, previously analyzed climate and temperature of the area.
- Aromas: The Spa at large must design the cabinets and the whole place itself, with good ventilation, not only for better air circulation, but also for the customer to better appreciate the different flavors that are used during treatment. Smells arouse emotions and memory more directly than any other sense, allowing extract the body and “clean” the spirit. The sense of smell can be awakened by using aromas, through diffusers, scented candles or burners, that pervade both treatment areas as public (reception, clothing, etc.).
- Textures: Spa surfaces should invite to play, so usually warm surfaces, such as wood or natural stone, which transmit vitality and serenity. The marbles are colder, although convey a sense of aseptic and clean space.
And … how much functionality of the design?
The two areas that make up the Spa itself possess features that go beyond the interior design have to do with its functionality.
The wet area is the common area where hydrothermal treatments are performed collectively in it are:
Pools: Waterbeds, jets as duckbill and / or gooseneck, geyser, waterfall, countercurrent corridor, as well as additional elements: hall way,jacuzzi, cold water pool, warm and hot. They all must be maintained as the corresponding temperature treatment by thermostats, and must be filtered and sterilized. This requires the provision of systems that allow constant water recirculation passage through filters at the right speed, plus the HVAC / air dehumidification, lighting and the right sound.
Hydrotherapy showers: Scottish, bitérmica, bucket, with aromas circular. Usually of 1 m2, while the hygiene shower, for example, can be 80 or 90 cm.
Steam and saunas: Steam baths, and dry saunas should be sized and located according to their strategy use; whether it is available separately for women and men, or both as a whole; and its surface should be estimated based on the degree of simultaneous occupation that is intended to satisfy.
Lying area: The space must also be provided to the concurrence deemed receive, and it will determine the amount of chairs, lounge chairs or loungers to be provided. The area should have a soothing decor and usually oriented landscapes and natural images. This is an area where the water / mineral balance is sought after treatment and where the customer seeks half hour break or so.
While the dry cabinet or area can range from 4-6 m 2 to 6-9 m 2 . In them the provision of a service or individual or couples massage is performed by the therapist.
Cabinets can be wet or dry type; for example, in the wet type Vichy treatments, whirlpool and blasting are given. In terms of design should consider the following:
- Adjustable lighting
- Slip floor
- Drainage system
- Bars and handrails to steady
- Paredes suitable for cleaning with water
- Alarm Device
- Adjustable Climate
Regarding the dry cabinets should care:
- Height, a high cabinet is usually cold and sensitive to any outside noise
- Massage bed should preferably facing north, because it promotes the flow of energy from the patient
- Electrical power installations and discrete water
- Indirect, dimmable light facial massage and a harder type
- Relaxing colors
The reception should have a proportional size to the number of customers who expect to receive and dispose of a certain number of seats for timely accommodation if necessary. In addition to the appropriate display of products marketed by the Spa. Also, from this area, you should see the entrance to the collective area and locker rooms. In this area requires a small deposit for towels, robes and accessories, along with baskets for disposable use.
Remember that as you look after the details of the design of your Spa will provide the customer not only quality service but a single space, so be aware if:
- Details: You have to play with the combination of sounds, smells, lights, contacts, etc., so that a pleasing to the senses environment is created.
- Synergies: Join the beautiful with the functional to allow harmony of design and ease of maintenance.
- Exclusivity: Implement spaces that allow only the Spa treatments provided and there is nothing like or similar on the market.
- Balance: Find the exact ratio between the number of wet and dry cabinets.
- Water: The conditions and water temperature must meet the requirements of each specific space. Water has an intrinsic value.
- Hygiene: Cleaning: no trace of dirt.
Always weigh the function of design, concept and balance. All these parts are important in creating the appearance and overall feelings of what the Spa experience, increase customer feelings through proper interaction of colors, shades, shapes, and so on.
|The most important in the interior design of a Spa aspects are space, quietness, light, smell and touch.